Subscribe
81°
Father Of Two Shattered Leg In LI Car Crash That Killed Construction Worker, Family Says
A Long Island construction worker and father of two had his leg shattered by a drugged driver earlier this month, according to his family.
Jose Gonzalez Colindres, 33, of Brentwood, was one of three workers injured in the wreck Monday, Aug. 10 on Townline Road in Nesconset, according to police.
“Jose suffered a severely shattered leg and had to undergo surgery,” his brother Lucero Martinez wrote in a GoFundMe launched Tuesday, Aug. 18. “He is in a great deal of pain and has a long road to recovery ahead of him in which he will not be able to work.”
Thomas Lobianco, 26, of Lake Ronkonoma, w…
Suffolk Woman Admits Sex Trafficking Girl, 14, In Exchange For Crack: Authorities
A Long Island woman has pleaded guilty to sex trafficking a teen girl in exchange for crack, authorities said.
Jacquelyn Comiskey, 54, of Bellport, admitted to sex trafficking a child, promoting prostitution, and child endangerment at a hearing Wednesday, Aug. 19, Newsday reported. She is expected to get 12 years in prison at her sentencing hearing on Oct. 1.
Comiskey was one of dozens of people involved in the sex trafficking and abuse of a 14-year-old girl in December 2024 into January 2025, when the victim was missing for 25 days, according to authorities.
The girl was found Jan. 3, 202…
Ex-NY Giants Star Raising Money After Losing $500K: Alleged Scheme's Founder Dies, Report Says
Former New York Giants linebacker Tae Crowder says he lost his entire life savings in an alleged financial scheme that also ensnared other former NFL players, leaving him trying to rebuild after losing at least $500,000.
Tae Crowder, who spent three seasons with the Giants, launched a GoFundMe on Saturday, Aug. 8, saying the loss has left him without the financial stability he spent years building.
The fundraiser follows allegations involving Motion Venture, a company run by 23-year-old New Jersey resident Mohamed Coulibaly, who was found dead on Friday, July 31, ESPN reported.&…
Molotov Cocktail Plot: Massachusetts Trans Woman Sentenced In Plan To Firebomb Scott Bessent
A Massachusetts woman will spend more than six years in federal prison after admitting to bringing two homemade firebombs and a knife to Washington, D.C., in an attempt to kill then-Treasury secretary nominee Scott Bessent, federal authorities said.
Ryan Michael English, 26, of South Deerfield, previously pleaded guilty to two federal weapons charges. A judge sentenced English to 73 months in prison on Tuesday, Aug. 18, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia announced. English must also serve three years of supervised release.
The plot unfolded on Jan. 27, 2025, when Bessen…
Tiny Car Defect Lands Brooklyn Men In Big Trouble On Long Island: Police
Two Brooklyn men were arrested while traveling through Long Island early Wednesday, Aug. 19, police said.
Boubacar Sy, 41, and Darnell Williams, 42, were busted with an illegal weapon on the Nassau Expressway in Inwood around 1 a.m. Wednesday, the Nassau County Police Department said.
Sy was behind the wheel of a black 2014 Toyota Camry traveling southbound when cops spotted a defective license plate lamp and pulled the vehicle over, authorities said.
Investigators then recovered a loaded SCCY CPX-2 9mm handgun inside the vehicle, according to police. Sy and Williams, in the passenger’s se…
Pickup Truck Upended, Two Injured In Long Island Car Crash, Officials Say
A two-car crash injured two people on Long Island on Monday, Aug. 17, officials said.
The cars collided at Hicksville Road and Parkhill Avenue in Massapequa, according to John F. Scalesi Jr., a member of the Nassau County Police Department commissioners’ council.
A blue Ford pickup truck was flipped on its side on Parkhill Ave., according to photos shared by Scalesi. The front windshield of the pickup was smashed, mangled, and falling off the vehicle.
While two people were aided at the scene, their injuries were not serious, Scalesi said. Additional details of the wreck have not been relea…
Drunk Driver To Blame After Two-Car Wreck In Suffolk County, Police Say
A drunk driving Long Island man caused a two-car crash near the Hamptons on Monday afternoon, Aug. 17, police said.
Juan Silvestre Flores Aparicio, 35, of Southampton, was at fault for the wreck near County Road 39 and Henry Road in Tuckahoe, the Southampton Town Police Department said.
Flores Aparicio was under the influence when he rear-ended another driver at the intersection, investigators said. Both vehicles were damaged, but no injuries were reported in the crash.
A patrol unit responded to the scene and arrested Flores Aparicio, authorities said. He was held overnight for arraignmen…
Camo-Clad Crook Smashes Through Door Of 60-Year-Old LI Burger Spot: Cops
A burglar smashed into a classic Long Island burger joint early Monday, Aug. 17, according to police.
The intruder broke the glass to the front door at All-American Hamburger Drive-In in Massapequa around 4:10 a.m., the Nassau County Police Department said.
Officers arrived shortly afterward only to realize the suspect had fled, police said. During the break-in, the man was wearing camouflage cargo shorts, a black shirt, black sneakers, and a red face covering, according to photos shared by police.
It is unclear if anything was taken from the store, which has been serving up delicious burg…
NY Pagan Religious Leader Admits Disgusting Sex Abuse Of Underage Boys, Authorities Say
A pagan religious leader in New York admitted Monday, Aug. 17 that he traveled to the Capital District to sexually abuse two underage boys, authorities said.
James Yerdon, 56, pleaded guilty to first-degree course of sexual conduct against a child and faces 20 years in prison, the Albany County District Attorney’s office said.
Yerdon, of Adams Center (Jefferson County), also pleaded guilty to possession of child porn in federal court earlier this year and could be looking at several decades behind bars, according to authorities.
In the state case, Yerdon was accused of sexually assaulting …
International Manhunt Ends With BF Captured After GF Found Slashed, Hidden In Closet: DA
An international manhunt for a man accused of slashing his girlfriend’s throat, hiding her body in a closet, and fleeing the country ended with his capture in Honduras, prosecutors announced on Monday, Aug. 17.
Darwin David Espinal-Del Cid, 27, of Telford, Pennsylvania, was taken into custody by Honduran agents with the Technical Agency for Criminal Investigation during an operation coordinated with the FBI early Monday in Pespire, Honduras, according to Bucks County District Attorney Joe Khan.
Espinal-Del Cid is accused of killing his girlfriend, 23-year-old Maria Bernarda Popol Garcia, as…